What Is Ecommerce SEO? | 2022 Guide to Ecommerce SEO
If yes, then e-commerce SEO (SEO) could be the approach you must employ to draw more customers. But what exactly is SEO for eCommerce? What can you do to start? We’ve got the necessary information to develop a solid SEO for your e-commerce SEO strategy and be prepared to avoid the most common SEO issues.
What is Ecommerce SEO?
Search engine optimization for eCommerce is a collection of optimization methods that allow your website to be more prominent in the results of searches. SEO for e-commerce allows your website to be listed in search results that are more relevant which allows you to generate more leads, traffic, and sales to increase the size of your online store.
What is the reason SEO needs to be considered for e-commerce?
If you now know the answers to “what is SEO for e-commerce,” you’re likely to be thinking about why it is important. What are the reasons to consider investing in an SEO strategy?
Here are four reasons SEO is important for e-commerce:
- It helps people find your brand name: If someone doesn’t know about your company eCommerce SEO is a great method to assist them in discovering your brand. You will be featured in more results in search results, helping more people find your brand.
- Help more customers find your product: People regularly browse for products that your business sells. When you invest in e-commerce SEO helps boost brand awareness and visibility. recognition.
- You offer a more enjoyable experience for your visitors investing in SEO for your e-commerce site allows you to offer the best user experience to your visitors. It is essential to optimize your website to be more prominent in results for search engines, which will help you deliver an improved experience for your visitors. A positive experience for users will result in positive brand associations and higher sales.
- Sales increase by letting leads discover your products on the internet and decide to take the time to check for themselves and decide whether they are a good match. If you’re ranked within relevant results on search engines, you draw prospects more likely to convert into revenue for your company.
12 amazing SEO strategies for e-commerce to optimize your store’s online presence
If you now have some answers for “what is e-commerce SEO,” and “why does SEO matter for eCommerce,” it’s time to dig in and start! Explore these 12 SEO methods to improve the visibility of your store online!
1. Do keyword research in order to be able to rank within relevant results from a search engine
The first step of your e-commerce SEO strategy is to conduct a keyword study.
Keywords are the words that shoppers on your website look up when using a search engine to locate appropriate items. For instance, if a person was looking for seashell decorations, they could use the search term “bathroom seashell decor.”
Keywords help your products get noticed by customers. Search engines, such as Google utilize keywords to determine your site’s relevance to search results. Therefore, it is crucial that you select the correct keywords for your pages to ensure that they are found in relevant results for searches.
To search for keywords that are relevant to E-commerce, begin by looking up the product categories to determine which additional keywords you can create. It is recommended to use an online tool for keyword research such as KeywordsFX to locate relevant keywords.
As an example let’s use the search term “seashell decor” in a keyword tool.
With this search, it is possible to get the list of keywords that you can incorporate into your pages for products. For example if “seashell decor for bathroom” is relevant to your page, you can incorporate it as a keyword on your website.
If you’re conducting research on keywords it is important to focus on long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords have at least three words and are highly specific. They help drive more leads that are relevant to your company.
In general, you should use long-tail keywords as they will bring more targeted traffic.
While certain short-tail keywords, those that comprise just one or two words are a great fit for your company but they typically face plenty of competition. In addition, it is difficult to determine what someone is looking for in the event that you use a short-tail.
Consider “seashells,” for example. Are you trying to learn about what a seashell actually is, and how to recognize seashells or buy seashells? It’s not easy to judge by this keyword.
However, if someone searches “queen size seashell pattern comforter,” you’ll know exactly the item they’re looking for.
As you can observe, the intent of a search for long-tail keywords is more evident than for short-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are also more specific than short-tail keywords due to them being more specific about what the user wants to be aware of. Thus, to ensure you’ve got your e-commerce SEO strategy, you must stick to longer keywords.
2. Create content that is helpful
Once you’ve selected a primary keyword, along with a couple of related keywords, it’s time to begin creating how you can use content to market eCommerce. Content will help you rank better on different search results, and also drive more targeted traffic to your website.
In order to begin making content, you’ll need to come up with topics. Be sure to choose topics that are industry-related to get relevant traffic to your website. Then, you can discover relevant keywords that you can incorporate into your page’s content.
To produce content that is impactful:
- Incorporate the keywords that you want to target Your visitors will know what they’re viewing by using the keywords you want to use throughout your site. The goal is for your keywords to appear natural, so try not to add too many keywords.
- Find the intent of the search: When creating content, ensure that your content is in line with search-related intent. Consider your search terms and keywords for other businesses write about the same subject. This can help you develop content that is in line with the keywords better, and you will be able to rank higher in results.
- Make sure your content is formatted correctly content that has a conversational tone. It communicates information in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. Do not use an excessive amount of industry and technical terminology to make your content accessible.
- It should be easy to read It’s important for visitors to be able to find the information they’re seeking upon landing on your website. Be sure your content is easily scanned. Separate your pages by brief paragraphs, lists of bullets, and headings to allow shoppers to scan for the information they require.
3. Create title tags that are click-worthy
The title tag is the very first element that your customers see in the results of a search when they see your page.
Tags for titles are an important element of SEO for eCommerce websites as in conjunction with the use of keywords Google employs title tags for determining the content of your website. They’re an essential ranking element for Google.
On each page of your site, you’ll have to spend some time thinking about titles for your tags. You’ll need something that will entice visitors to click through to your page.
In addition, you should place your primary keyword in the middle of the title tag. People tend to only read the first few phrases within your tag, which is why it’s important to be able to immediately let them know what they’re seeing.
Including your keywords in your title tag can also increase the rankability of your content.
When you are optimizing title tags, ensure that you’re staying within the limit of characters. There are only 60 characters to fill out your title tag, therefore you’ll want to adhere to titles with a maximum of 55 characters so that you have some flexibility. Otherwise, you’re at risk of cutting off your tag.
4. Craft eye-catching meta descriptions
Meta descriptions are displayed under the title tags of your page in search. They provide a brief description (around 160 characters) of what potential customers will see when they visit your site.
Meta descriptions play an essential function in providing consumers with the information they need about your website and encouraging people to click on your link. Inspiring meta descriptions can drive visitors to your website.
Make sure to include your targeted keywords within your page’s description. It will help Google and users understand the relevance of your site to search results.
5. Create easy-to-use URLs
You can increase the accessibility of your online store by using user-friendly URLs on every page.
Instead of an incomprehensible string of random numbers and letters, It’s more beneficial for your clients if you make use of your website’s keywords to help provide an understanding of your site and aid users in remembering your URL more easily.
If your website has categories or folders to which your pages belong you may include those in your URL too. Your visitors will also be able to keep the track of where they are on your website.
This URL is a clear hierarchy that visitors can easily follow. It is also more likely to recall this route than something similar to this:
A well-structured URL will aid in ranking higher in search results and give more context to your visitors.
6. Make your site more attractive by enhancing the design
As an e-commerce website has hundreds of pages to your site. From pages for categories to your individual pages for products, you have many pages to organize. When you’re performing SEO on e-commerce websites, it is essential to establish a solid structure that makes it easy to navigate to your clients.
To design your site’s architecture:
- Maintain it in order It’s important to keep it organized. in the world of architectural design and construction is making sure that everything is organized and follows a clear route. When you’ve established a well-organized route, it is easy for people to return to the beginning without having to press the back forward arrow. Make use of navigational breadcrumbs in order to help keep your life organized.
- Make sure it’s scalable: as the owner of an online business, you’ll be adding new pages when you introduce new products or create content. Your website’s architecture should be able to handle new content while maintaining its simplicity as a basic design. You should have a system for organizing categories that let you create new pages for your products effortlessly.
When designing a website structure you should make your design with your visitors in the mind. Review the structure of your website and consider the ease with which it is for users to navigate your website. If you don’t have one already have one, consider adding the search bar feature so that your visitors can look up your products.
7. Optimize your photos for search
When you run an online business it is your responsibility to provide your customers with plenty of pictures to give them an impression of your product. This means that your website can become heavy and slow because there are so many image files on your website.
A slow site can be detrimental for SEO since Google just wants to provide a speedy loading site to users so that they can obtain information quickly.
To prevent your images from being a burden on your site, make use of tools for image compression, such as Kracken.io to make the image’s file size smaller. This will prevent the images from taking up too much space on your website.
Lossy compression can save you many thousands of kilobytes (even megabytes) per image while appearing stunning on your website.
As well to the compression process, your pictures will be required to add alt-text to your photos to improve your ranking in the results of searches.
Alt text is displayed when an image isn’t loading correctly or when a user is using assistive software such as screen readers. If you include alt text, you provide an opportunity to include your keywords on your website and appear in results for searches.
Instead of the alt text you use to read “coral image,” you could have descriptive alt text that reads:
A white, comforter with starfish and blue coral. The bottom of the blanket is coral featuring white coral reefs. Coral reefs quilt set sits set on a queen-sized bed and comes with matching pillow covers.
If you were searching on the basis of the “coral reef quilt set,” this alt-text would be a great description seamlessly integrating your keyword.
8. Make your website’s page load speed
Your website’s speed is vital to ensure that your site’s page speed stays up with the best speed. Why?
If you could increase the speed at which your site loads in only one second, you can boost conversions by 7 percent.
Furthermore, websites that load within five seconds get 70% more users’ sessions and the bounce rate is 35% lower. rate. The slowest e-commerce sites have the potential of losing customers.
If you’re looking to find out the speed at which your website currently loads, you can test the speed of your site’s loading using Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool.
Apart from compressing images as we’ve already mentioned, you can increase your speed on your site by:
- Making videos available on third-party platforms such as Wistia or YouTube
- Cleaning your code and eliminating unnecessary elements
- Confirming the server configuration
- By enabling browser caching, you can speed up loading times.
- Reduce the number of redirects
If you’re feeling overwhelmed to tackle these issues by yourself then you should consider investing in the services of optimizing page speed from a digital marketing agency.
9. Implement responsive design to provide a more enjoyable shopping
70% of people purchase their goods using smartphones. If your e-commerce site is compatible with mobile devices, you’ll not be able to rank on search results.
Google has adopted mobile-first indexing in order to rank websites in search results. This means they take a look at an app on mobile of your website to rank your site in the search. If your website isn’t a mobile-friendly site, you’ll be further behind those who have mobile-optimized websites.
Through the responsive style, you can allow your website to adjust to the device that your audience utilizes. It provides a great experience for your customers regardless of whether they’re using tablets or smartphones.
With a responsive design, every element on your website including your images, text, video navigation, images and videos, etc. — adjusts in size and the layout changes to ensure that your site appears flawless regardless of the device your customers are using.
Make your site responsive:
- Implementing a fluid grid into the code of your website
- Designing elements for the touchscreen and mouse
- Make sure you select elements that give the best experience on smaller screens
- Testing out responsive layouts with predesigned templates
You can determine the mobile-friendliness of your website by using Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test tool.
If you require assistance in incorporating responsive design into your online store, take a look at our responsive design solutions!
10. Highlight your items using schema markup
Schema markup refers to the code you add to your HTML which includes features like price, reviews of products, and stock to your search results.
Google decides whether or not to add elements to the results on search results, however, when you have schema markup it’s likely that these features will be displayed.
When consumers can view the information in search results, they’ll be much more active and make more informed choices in their research process.
Schema markup can also improve the SEO of your e-commerce site because it aids Google to understand your website better. This is because it allows you to establish your online identity (including your name as well as your URL, the number you use to contact) in addition to identifying the items you sell.
11. Begin with backlinking
Backlinks are hyperlinks to your site from different websites. They are a valuable part of your SEO strategy since they can provide a substantial increase in traffic and also aid in improving your website’s credibility and trust.
Backlinks to your site are considered endorsements, which is why it’s essential to earn trustworthy and relevant backlinks for your website.
Let’s suppose that you’re selling coastal decor.
If a renowned interior design website published a blog titled “Beach Decor Must-Haves for Your Home” and then linked to your website’s product page, this is serving as an endorsement to readers that they should purchase your product. After their readers read their article, they will be compelled to visit your page for the product to look it up and, if they choose, buy it.
You’re looking to build numerous backlinks to increase the authority of your website.
To create an effective link-building strategy:
- Create compelling content that will encourage sites to link to your site
- Create your social media presence to increase your brand’s exposure
- Create sharable videos
- Inform other websites of broken links and offer your site as a resource that they can link to
- Ask industry experts to look over your material
12. Securing your online store
Security on the internet is a necessity for websites that sell online and there’s an enormous effort in e-commerce’s search engine optimization that requires the privacy of customers’ personal information to be secured with secure locks and keys.
If you’re an e-commerce store, you’ll need to protect the information you get from customers. Your customers want to feel safe when they enter their credit card details and postal address. It is essential to protect your website so that they can continue to shop on your site.
It is possible to do this by submitting the secure sockets layer (SSL) certification.
An SSL certificate is used to encrypt the information on your website so that those who have malicious intentions can’t access it. It also puts HTTPS (as opposed to HTTP, which is not secure. HTTP) prior to your website’s domain name.
Secure websites are more likely to rank higher than unsecured websites, which is why it’s crucial to protect your website to enhance your SEO strategy.
2 thoughts on “E-commerce SEO”
nice article. I really like this information.